Monday 8 October 2012

Innappropriate use of English

I'm hoping other people that have lived abroad can add to this. When in Italy I saw a babygro that said 'I heart blowjobs' and here this ignorant use of language is rife. Granted it is the equivalent of Chinese and Arabic tattoos on people who don't even know which countries speak Arabic or that Mandarin is not just a small orange. There is one kid in my 4th grade class who wears a T-shirt saying 'Goodtime speedlover' on a regular basis. A friend told me he saw a woman holding her 5 year olds hand with a T-shirt saying 'Fuck me I'm a bitch'. I will add to this as I encounter more of these gems but I have to go check film times for the 'Megabox' cinema.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, in Russia I once saw a shirt with the word wince written all over it in different angles. Someone must've seen that in a dictionary and thought "Ooh I've never seen that printed anywhere on clothing, I'll take the lead with it then..." #FAIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ones I've seen this week: a boy in my class with 'extra mong' surrounding by whizzing stars, a woman in a clothes shop with 'super tramp' and not the band.

    ReplyDelete